As we continue to navigate the COVID-19 pandemic, it is important for us to keep you informed during a time where regulations keep continuously evolving and changing. Our number one priority during this time is the safety of our employees, clients and partners and I appreciate your patience while we continue to make modifications to our policies so that we can continue to serve you.
As you know, the State of New York has placed an executive order where only essential companies/workers, would be authorized to operate until further notice. Moving and Warehousing has been classified as “essential” and as of now, we will continue to operate.
I would like to take this moment to thank our movers, foremen, and drivers, who come into work every day and provide the same level of customer service. A big thank you to our amazing employees that keeps MAPMYMOVE on the map to success while staying positive through this uncertainty. Your dedication and loyalty is inspiring.
Though we will continue to operate, we are still taking every precaution necessary to ensure that our employees and clients are safe. In the past two weeks, 90% of our workforce have been ordered to work from home with the exception of our movers and drivers out on the field. With our advanced technology, our office staff can continue to stay in communication with our clients and moving teams just as ifthey were in our offices and provide the same excellent level of service.
If you haven’t already, please take the time to give appreciation to the working people risking their lives to keep this country operating. Our perseverance and fighting spirit will always overcome any challenges. We are all in this together and we will come out of this stronger than ever.
As a reminder, we will continue to implement the protocols we previously set forth.
WHAT WE ARE DOING TO KEEP YOU AND OUR EMPLOYEES SAFE
• We have implemented a social distancing strategy, breaking up our workforce into three locations in order to avoid congregate settings and maintaining distance from one another when possible. Non-essential employees are working from home.
• Enhanced cleaning protocols have been implemented by disinfecting our trucks and offices twice a day, morning and evening. We will not be using reusable bins nor used boxes during our moves.
• Employees’ temperatures are examined daily, any employee showing possible symptoms are sent home and cannot return until cleared by a medical professional.
• Movers and foremen are briefed every morning on COVID-19 updates.
• Movers visiting homes will be equipped with hand sanitizers, masks, gloves, booties, disinfectant wipes and spray. (This also applies to onsite estimators.)
• Virtual in-home estimates are now available. Allow our estimators to “virtually” walk through your home or office with you – taking a video of the items to be moved and providing you with a detailed, accurate estimate of allmoving charges.
• We provide our clients with masks during every move. Our clients are required to wear the masks the entire move process for the safety of our employees too.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Questions about moving procedures and safety precautions on COVID-19? Visit our FAQ page.
WHAT YOU CAN DO TO STAY HEALTHY
While we here at MAPMYMOVE are working diligently to create and maintain a healthy moving experience, there are many actions health officials recommend for persons to prevent the spread of COVID-19, and to stay healthy. These include washing your hands often, staying home when you’re sick, avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth and more. Everyone has a role to play in getting ready and staying healthy. Click here to read recommendations from the CDC for protecting yourself and your community.
WE WILL REMAIN FLEXIBLE TO YOUR NEEDS
We understand our client’s concerns and upon request and at no cost, we will reschedule your move or services with no rescheduling fee. If you have any questions or concerns about services, please contact our Client Care Center at (646) 883-5637, Monday through Friday, 9 am–6 pm ET and Saturday & Sunday, 9 am–3 pm ET.
UP TO DATE COVID-19 NEWS UPDATES, TIPS ON STAYING SAFE AND MORE
New York City’s Coronavirus Page. Read more.
Center for Disease Control’s (CDC) Coronavirus Page. Read more.
World Health Organization’s (WHO) Coronavirus Page. Read more.